Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jemdlee Jemdlee is offline

Default Date fields are merged incorrectly when I use an Excel data source

I have date fields formatted in the Australian format - dd/mm/yy, but when I
merge them into Word, they appear as mm/dd/yy.
The field I have in my Word document is "Date_1"
What do I type in to make the format come out the way I want it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jemdlee" wrote in message
I have date fields formatted in the Australian format - dd/mm/yy, but when
merge them into Word, they appear as mm/dd/yy.
The field I have in my Word document is "Date_1"
What do I type in to make the format come out the way I want it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jemdlee Jemdlee is offline

Default Date fields are merged incorrectly when I use an Excel data so

Sorry, that didn't work, or I'm confused.
The example says:
{ Mergefield Date \@ "dd-MMM-yyyy"} - so I would understand that I would
need to substitute "Mergefield" with my merge field (that which is
highlighted in gray) - which is "Date_1" - I tried that and it didn't
work.
Can you please show me the finished product of what it should look like with
my merge field, not just an example? I then might be able to grasp
understanding of this.

Thanks,

"Jemdlee" wrote in message
I have date fields formatted in the Australian format - dd/mm/yy, but when
merge them into Word, they appear as mm/dd/yy.
The field I have in my Word document is "Date_1"
What do I type in to make the format come out the way I want it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You're confused!
You do one or the other, not both
either enter the field manually using CTRL+F9 for the field boundaries
or toggle the inserted field (ALT+F9) and modify that.

The finished result would be
{ Mergefield Date_1 \@ "dd-MMM-yyyy"}

See if http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm helps

"Jemdlee" wrote in message
I have date fields formatted in the Australian format - dd/mm/yy,
but when I
merge them into Word, they appear as mm/dd/yy.
The field I have in my Word document is "Date_1"
What do I type in to make the format come out the way I want it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jemdlee Jemdlee is offline

Thanks heaps guys!
Through your efforts in helping me, you have played a valuable role in
affecting the lives of hundreds of kids for the better.
God bless heaps,

Jem