Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucy Lucy is offline

Default Protecting sections w/ imported excel spreadsheets

In my document is a form that contains checkboxes. That form needs to be
protected so the checkboxes will work. I added section breaks to protect that
section only, but it effects the other spreadsheets in other sections of the
document that I copied and pasted from excel (paste special so they act as
spreadsheets and calculate data), even though I applied protection only to
the section containing the checkboxes. Now, the spreadsheets don't open when
they are double clicked.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?THVjeQ==?=,

In my document is a form that contains checkboxes. That form needs to be
protected so the checkboxes will work. I added section breaks to protect that
section only, but it effects the other spreadsheets in other sections of the
document that I copied and pasted from excel (paste special so they act as
spreadsheets and calculate data), even though I applied protection only to
the section containing the checkboxes. Now, the spreadsheets don't open when
they are double clicked.

Make sure the spreadsheets have the text wrap formatting (graphics formatting)
"inline with text". As soon as text is wrapped they're placed in a layer of the
document that's totally locked out when forms protection is activated.

If you need to have text wrap around them, insert them into FRAMES. You'll find
the Insert/Frame command in the Forms toolbar.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)