Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slinger slinger is offline

Default Word 2003 Process doesn't end

I'm having an issue. When I close Word, the process doesn't end. Normally
this wouldn't be an issue, except that if I open another word document, the
Macros in that document don't work. I have to go to the task manager,
processes pane, and then end the Winword.exe process. Once I do this
everything is fine. Why isn't the word process ending. (the word process is
already running even when I simply start my computer!) Some help? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have Outlook starting from Windows startup? And is Word your Outlook
editor? I cannot think of any other reason for Winword to start with
Windows.

slinger wrote:
I'm having an issue. When I close Word, the process doesn't end.
Normally this wouldn't be an issue, except that if I open another
word document, the Macros in that document don't work. I have to go
to the task manager, processes pane, and then end the Winword.exe
process. Once I do this everything is fine. Why isn't the word
process ending. (the word process is already running even when I
simply start my computer!) Some help? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slinger slinger is offline

Word is my outlook e-mail editor. And I use Outlook frequently. I would
think, (hope) that the word process wouldn't start until I was composing an
e-mail and would be closed once it was complete, sent, whatever. I guess I
will try changing that behavior and see what happens. (that's is gonna mess
up my beautiful signature though.)

slinger wrote:
I'm having an issue. When I close Word, the process doesn't end.
Normally this wouldn't be an issue, except that if I open another
word document, the Macros in that document don't work. I have to go
to the task manager, processes pane, and then end the Winword.exe
process. Once I do this everything is fine. Why isn't the word
process ending. (the word process is already running even when I
simply start my computer!) Some help? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Word is your Outlook editor then winword.exe will start with Outlook.
Outlook's own editor is quite up to the task and can use html signatures.

slinger wrote:
I'm having an issue. When I close Word, the process doesn't end.
Normally this wouldn't be an issue, except that if I open another
word document, the Macros in that document don't work. I have to go
to the task manager, processes pane, and then end the Winword.exe
process. Once I do this everything is fine. Why isn't the word
process ending. (the word process is already running even when I
simply start my computer!) Some help? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slinger slinger is offline

Well, it is working so far, with the exception that my signature is now
double spaced for some reason. That's a minor issue, although it would be
nice to have fixed.