Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Default Vertical Alignment of Bullets

I have just started working in a new position where I have to work with an
existing Word template that seems to have some issues. One of my first orders
of business will be to get it cleaned up, but I have to get a document based
on this template out ASAP so I'm trying to find a workaround (which will
hopefully also help me solve the problem for good!).

This document is unlike other Word documents I've worked with before - it's
for a bulletin, and it's laid out almost like a Publisher document (and no,
unfortunately I can't get Publisher - that would be much easier). In one
section there's space for a bulleted list, but it's doing something very
strange - the bullets don't align with the text vertically. That is, the
bulleted items are each 2 lines, and the bullet falls somewhere in the middle
of the two lines. It's like the vertical alignment is off, but I can't see
anywhere to change this alignment.

There are three bullets, and each is set to 0 pt before/2 pt after/multiple
line spacing @ 1.2, and left alignment with a hanging indent of 0.1". What's
strange as well is that if I highlight the last bullet item, the height
appears to be much larger (that is, it seems like there's 12 pt or more
"after" the bullet), but this doesn't appear to be so from the paragraph
dialog box.

I'm working in Word 2000 (which is driving me crazy!).

Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You could check the following in the style definition:
Has the bullet been formatted with a lowered position (Font Character
Spacing tab Position)?
Or alternatively:
Has the text been formatted with a raised position (Font Character Spacing
tab Position)?

I could reproduce something like your description using both methods.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Jen" wrote:

[...]

VERTICAL ALIGNMENT? DanielWalters6 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 3rd 07 07:14 AM
Vertical Alignment mully Tables 2 October 4th 05 12:31 AM
Text box vertical alignment bakerbiz Microsoft Word Help 1 August 5th 05 12:41 AM
vertical alignment cell Kelly Tables 1 July 28th 05 08:46 PM
Vertical alignment of addresses Jason E. Mailmerge 1 December 11th 04 08:21 AM