Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Rich Mike Rich is offline

Default Viewing Docs

Is there a way to view or organize your documents into tabs, similar to the
way you can view web pages in IE7?

I am using currently using Word 2003 and I am not sure if this is possible.

Is this feature availalbe in 2007 version?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

No

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Mike Rich" wrote in message
Is there a way to view or organize your documents into tabs, similar to
the
way you can view web pages in IE7?

I am using currently using Word 2003 and I am not sure if this is
possible.

Is this feature availalbe in 2007 version?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As JoAnn indicates, this is not a feature in any version of Word. There is
at least one add-in that purports to do this. I've never used it, but you
might want to take a look to see if it does what you want.

http://www.filedudes.com/WinTabs-download-16791.html

From their description:

"WinTabs is a little program that makes it easier to access multiple
documents while using one of 71 supported programs (full list below). It
adds to the caption bar a series of tabs, each representing an open
document. With each new document you open, a new tab is added. To change
active document, user only has to click on the document tab."

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible