Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Egberts Egberts is offline

Default Bullets and Numbering - restart renumbering radio button gray out

When attempting to renumber my outlines, I brought up "Bullets and Numbering"
dialog (via Format-Bullets and Numbering submenu option).

My two radio buttons for "Restart Numbering" and "Continue previous list"
have been grayed out/ greyed out.

What do I do to get those radio buttons working again?

My workaround is to cut and paste the entire documents (sigh).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

What version? 2003

Bullets & Numbering must be attached to an Outline Level Style. Did you
click on Outline Tab and select the level?
1. ALT 1
1.1 ALT 2
(a) ALT 3
Through all 9 levels. Then when you invoke the next level

2. Here you can restart numbering (but TRY right mouse click "Restart
Numbering") and it becomes "1"
1.1
(a)

Hope this helps.