Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nita Nita is offline

Default How to stop automatic justification in a document

I was working on a long docment that was left-justified. I was having
trouble getting things to work right when I noticed that everything is
justified. I never set it up that way, I don't like it. But even when I
change piecemeal all the formatting, if I use the Reveal Codes task pane, the
paragraph style is still justify. And when I closed (after saving) the
document, I reopened it and it came up the same way. All the changes
reverted to justify again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel Bivins Angel Bivins is offline

Anita,
First, make sure it's not connected to a template:
Go to Tools ”‚ Templates and add-ins and uncheck "automatically update
document styles" if it is checked.

Then, click on the text in your document and look at your styles window to
see if the font is in "Normal" style or any other style. If all your text is
in the same style, you can just modify the style and change it so it is left
justified.

see: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tedcontent.htm
--
Angel Bivins