Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sunchix sunchix is offline

Default page number placement

I need to have my page numbers .5" from bottom of page, regardless of what
the margins for the text is set for. If I set the the footer placement to 0,
it still isn't low enough.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you need the pages numbers at 0.5", then the default 0.5" footer margin
should work. If you have inserted page numbers using Insert | Page Numbers,
then changing the footer margin may not affect the placement of the page
number, which is inserted in a frame. Delete that one and insert the page
number in the footer using the Insert Page Number button on the Header and
Footer toolbar. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for
an explanation of how this works.