Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elysia Elysia is offline

Default Microsoft Word 97 printing errors

I have been having problems with Microsoft Word 97 lately. I wanted
to print a few copies and when I select file and then print and then I
choose how many copies that I want to make; and an error message comes
on my screen that "Microsoft Word for Windows 97 application file has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience." I am running this word program on my Windows XP
system. Please help. Thank you very much.

Elysia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Sounds like the document or Office 97 is corrupt? You could open a new blank
document - take a "spacebar" space and then Insert File into the new blank
document. Save it with a new name and then try printing to see if it is the
document.

Hope this helps.

You could perhaps trying printing it without opening - use Windows Explorer
right click and print
oups.com...

Printing Errors Wanderer Page Layout 1 April 20th 06 01:27 PM
TOC-Errors printing documents with included documents Benjamin Bruecker Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM
Microsoft office errors out when print selected Bob Slater Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 05 10:51 PM
Page layout and printing errors Bree Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 05 06:03 AM
printing errors from word strange characters appearing. manders Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 01:29 PM