Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sven Sven is offline

Default Other Cany Open My Woord 2007 Docs

Hi,
Ive just upgraded to office 2007 but when I send
anyone anything they cannot open as I seem to be the only one with 2007.
Should I return 2007 and buy 2003 instead.

Thanks
Sven
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's up to you. However, you can set Word to automatically save all files
in Word 97-2003 format (and save as Word 2007 only when you need to). This
is a useful temporary measure until other with whom you exchange documents
switch to Word 2007. You can also save any given document in Word 97-2003
format if you prefer not to change the default.

To change the default: Office button - Word Options - Save tab. First
option, set Save files in this format: to Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)
format.

To save any given document in a different format: Office button, Save As,
set Save as type: as desired.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Sven" wrote in message
Hi,
Ive just upgraded to office 2007 but when I send
anyone anything they cannot open as I seem to be the only one with 2007.
Should I return 2007 and buy 2003 instead.

Thanks
Sven

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:26:04 -0700, Sven
wrote:

Hi,
Ive just upgraded to office 2007 but when I send
anyone anything they cannot open as I seem to be the only one with 2007.
Should I return 2007 and buy 2003 instead.

Thanks
Sven

Word 2007 can save documents in the older format. Click the Office
button, hover the mouse over the Save As item until the menu changes,
and click the Word 97-2003 Document item. Alternatively, in the Save
As dialog, change the "Save as type" box at the bottom to Word 97-2003
Document (*.doc).

If most of your documents will be sent to others using earlier
versions, you can change the default document type so you won't have
to remember to do it for each document. Click the Office button and
choose Word Options at the bottom of the menu. Click the Save item at
the left of the options dialog. Change the "Save files in this format"
box to Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman