Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mudman Mudman is offline

Default Right Shift Key + s key goes to style box How do I fix?

Somehow I have my right shift key connected to commands. I press the right
shift key and "s" and the style box comes up. How do I get the right shift
key back to just capitalizing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it happens just with Shift+S, then it's probably the result of an
accidental misassignment. Assuming you're using Word 2003 or earlier, choose
Tools - Customize - Keyboard.

Set Categories to All Commands. Set Commands to Style. Look at Current keys:

Ctrl+Shift+S should be listed there. Is Shift+S listed, too? If it is, then
click on Shift+S, then click the Remove button. This will release its
assignment to Style, and return it to typing S.

If it happens with other letters, too, then it's possible that a) your Ctrl
key is stuck, either physically or for some software reason, or b) your
keyboard is dying/dead.

In the former case, you usually can get Ctrl to turn loose by tapping both
Ctrl keys (assuming you have two) several times.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mudman" wrote in message
Somehow I have my right shift key connected to commands. I press the
right
shift key and "s" and the style box comes up. How do I get the right
shift
key back to just capitalizing?

Quick Bookmark Shift F5 WordPerfect Control+Shift+Q bretsharon New Users 9 April 23rd 07 10:41 PM
Shift Shift Go Away!!! STAY PUT!!! :o) 23Hitamn Microsoft Word Help 3 August 30th 06 11:39 PM
shift key Nick Microsoft Word Help 2 May 25th 06 08:12 AM
Shift Key Steve@Bythorn Microsoft Word Help 1 January 27th 06 07:25 PM
Shift key Black_729 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 6th 05 05:51 PM