Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George George is offline

Default Word 2003's shortcut in MFUA area seems broken!

In Vista, I have this shortcut of Word 2003 in my €śMost Frequently Used
Applications€ť, the area that resides just above the €śStart€ť pearl (but under
the dividing line of €śPinned Applications€ť).
This shortcut, if sits in the MFUA area never starts its application.
If I left-click on it to pin it to PA area, also never starts its
application when there.
However, if I drag it anywhere else on the computer, from the desktop to the
C drive and any place in between, the moment I double click on it triggers
its application without any problems.
The weirdest thing!!!
I think that I read somewhere that if you had another version of Office, got
rid of it and installed another version of Office something goes wrong with
the shortcuts in the MFUA and PA areas.
But I got rid of Office XP by completely formatting the drive and
reinstalling VISTA and Office 2003 freshly, so shouldve not been any
reminiscence of an old Office there. Is this a known issue?
Drives me nuts because every time I need Word, I tend to go into All
Programs, find Office, find Word and use the shortcut that lives there!!!