Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
znzsgma znzsgma is offline

Default Automatic Forwarding To Next Line

I have no office experience. I'm attempting to type an outline in Word and
it's automatically numbering the next line. As I'm the only person using
this computer, is there a way to totally turn this feature off? I'd rather
skip spaces and indent on my own. REALLY REALLY appreciate assistance,
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Turn off the option that automatically numbers text. In Tools |
AutoCorrect Options, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Clear the
"Automatic numbered lists" and "Automatic bulleted lists" options, and
click OK. In fact, you may want to turn off some other stuff in the
dialog box too; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm.

If you do want a numbered outline that *you* control, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"znzsgma" wrote in message
I have no office experience. I'm attempting to type an outline in Word

and
it's automatically numbering the next line. As I'm the only person

using
this computer, is there a way to totally turn this feature off? I'd

rather
skip spaces and indent on my own. REALLY REALLY appreciate

assistance,
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
znzsgma znzsgma is offline

Ms. Barnhill and Mr. Blom,

Woohoo, it worked! I cannot express my gratitude to you. Thank you for the
info and your quick replies.

"znzsgma" wrote in message
I have no office experience. I'm attempting to type an outline in Word and
it's automatically numbering the next line. As I'm the only person using
this computer, is there a way to totally turn this feature off? I'd rather
skip spaces and indent on my own. REALLY REALLY appreciate assistance,
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.