Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Candy Candy is offline

Default Numbered lists

I've had to number all my paragraphs in a document (303 of them). I'd like
to turn the numbers into text so that the number remains with the paragraph
when I cut and paste them to different pages.

Can anyone tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Courtesy of Word MVP Stefan Blom:

To convert autonumbering (paragraph/outline numbering and LISTNUM
fields) to plain text, do the following: Make sure the active
document is the one you want to convert. Then press ALT+F11 to
display the Visual Basic Editor. On the View menu, click
Immediate Window. In the Immediate Window, type

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and press ENTER.

Note that if paragraph/outline numbering was applied with styles,
it isn't completely gone (CTRL+Q will bring it back!) unless you
also clear it from the style definitions.

Numbered Lists Link New Users 13 April 29th 07 05:25 PM
Numbered Lists Rod Plastow Page Layout 5 September 27th 06 04:54 PM
Numbered Lists Mary Lee Page Layout 5 August 12th 05 04:08 PM
Numbered Lists - What comes after "z" Tamlyn Schmeisser Microsoft Word Help 1 July 29th 05 09:31 PM
Numbered Lists Anna Summers Microsoft Word Help 9 July 4th 05 06:06 AM