Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJC LJC is offline

Default How do you set the default template for all new docs to "Draft"?

In Word 2007, how do youi set the template to "Draft" instead of "Print
Layout"? I keep having to manually set all docs I create and/or open to
"Draft", and it's becoming really annoying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The first hit in Google (searching for "default Draft view Word 2007) is
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919599, which says:

To change the default view to Draft view when a Word 2007 document is
opened, follow these steps:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.

2. Click Advanced.

3. Under General, click to select the "Allow opening a document in Draft
view" check box.

4. Click OK.

5. On the View tab, click Draft in the Document Views group.

"LJC" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007, how do youi set the template to "Draft" instead of "Print
Layout"? I keep having to manually set all docs I create and/or open to
"Draft", and it's becoming really annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Essephreak Essephreak is offline

Interesting. You use Google, not MSN, or your own support site search in
order to find your own kb info.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The first hit in Google (searching for "default Draft view Word 2007) is
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919599, which says:

To change the default view to Draft view when a Word 2007 document is
opened, follow these steps:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.

2. Click Advanced.

3. Under General, click to select the "Allow opening a document in Draft
view" check box.

4. Click OK.

5. On the View tab, click Draft in the Document Views group.

"LJC" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007, how do youi set the template to "Draft" instead of "Print
Layout"? I keep having to manually set all docs I create and/or open to
"Draft", and it's becoming really annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is a peer group and nothing to do with Microsoft, beyond the fact that
they host the forum.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The first hit in Google (searching for "default Draft view Word
2007) is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919599, which says:

To change the default view to Draft view when a Word 2007 document is
opened, follow these steps:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.

2. Click Advanced.

3. Under General, click to select the "Allow opening a document in
Draft view" check box.

4. Click OK.

5. On the View tab, click Draft in the Document Views group.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"LJC" wrote in message
news
In Word 2007, how do youi set the template to "Draft" instead of
"Print Layout"? I keep having to manually set all docs I create
and/or open to "Draft", and it's becoming really annoying.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not my KB, as I do not work for Microsoft, but I'd bet you'd be
hard-pressed to find many Microsoft employees willing to claim ownership of
the KB, either. I suspect that even most Softies use Google, as KB search
has been badly broken for quite some time now.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The first hit in Google (searching for "default Draft view Word 2007) is
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919599, which says:

To change the default view to Draft view when a Word 2007 document is
opened, follow these steps:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.

2. Click Advanced.

3. Under General, click to select the "Allow opening a document in Draft
view" check box.

4. Click OK.

5. On the View tab, click Draft in the Document Views group.

so
all may benefit.

news