Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
philslk philslk is offline

Default i need to set up the memorandum wizard in my computer

i need to set up memoradum wizard in my computre
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word are you using? Assuming Word 2003, choose Help -
Microsoft Office Online. In the Search box, type "memo wizard", and click
Search.

In Word 2007, choose Office button - New. At the top of the New Document
dialog, type "memo wizard" and press Enter.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"philslk" wrote in message
i need to set up memoradum wizard in my computre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dimas Perez Dimas Perez is offline

I am sorry but doing so sends me to MS to download templates which none is a
wizard. Your tip only provides "hits" for the word "memo". The memo wizard
(as I recall) provided means to add a distribution list to the dosument. Word
2007 does not have this capability (I can't find it) as Word 2003 did. Is
there a memo wizard available for download? Is it possible to use the wizard
from Word 2003?

"philslk" wrote in message
i need to set up memoradum wizard in my computre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I replied (several weeks ago), at least one memo wizard *did* appear. I
don't see it now. So, here's what I discovered...

The memo wizard from Word 2003 does partially work... but not the part you
want. Here, it lets me choose recipients. However, after clicking Finish, no
mechanism exists to actually send the memo to those recipients.

As a workaround, go ahead and create a memo using a non-wizard memo template
from Office online. You can then use the facilities in the Mailings ribbon
tab to send it to multiple email recipients.

Click Start Mail Merge - Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard. In step 1, choose
Email. In step 2, choose Use the current document, etc.

Note that this article:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office....mspx?mfr=true

....says that the memo wizard (and others) were removed from Word 2007. Why?
"These wizards are replaced by more modern templates available on Office
Online."

Well, that's not really correct, since the "more modern templates" aren't
wizards. Be that as it may, you can get some of the functionality as
described above, using the Mailings ribbon tab.

Personally, however, if something needed to be in memo format, I'd write the
memo and either paste it into an email, or I'd attach the Word document to
an email (Office - Send - Email).