Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LesterB LesterB is offline

Default How do I remove unused fonts from the document's drop-down menu?

After trying out several fonts and selecting one for use, I now have a long
list of unused fonts in the font drop-down menu. I don't want to see them
every time I change from one font to another. how do I remove these from the
list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can turn off the recent font list by editing the registry

Copy and paste the following to a notepad document

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options]
"NoFontMRUList"="1"

Save it as FontListOff.reg

Merge it into the registry with Word closed. (right click the filename in
Windows Explorer and select Merge)

To turn it back on again

Change "NoFontMRUList"="1"
"NoFontMRUList"="0"