Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LittleAnn LittleAnn is offline

Default URGENT HELP!! Page X of Y function

I have a document I received that needs to be edited, they have a cover page
with no footer, the first two pages have Page X of Y left aligned and the
rest the document is Page X of Y centered.

My problem is that there are 42 pages including the cover page but I want it
to exclude the cover page In {NUMPAGES}, I have tried everything from
starting it on zero to deleting section breaks and updating the fields but
nothing seems to be working as it keeps counting the first page.

Any ideas?????

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Press CTRL+F9 twice to insert a field inside of a field.

{{}}

Change your fields so that they a
{={NUMPAGES}-1}

Click inside the field and press F9 to update the field. That should get
you the total of pages, less 1.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"LittleAnn" wrote in message
I have a document I received that needs to be edited, they have a cover page
with no footer, the first two pages have Page X of Y left aligned and the
rest the document is Page X of Y centered.

My problem is that there are 42 pages including the cover page but I want it
to exclude the cover page In {NUMPAGES}, I have tried everything from
starting it on zero to deleting section breaks and updating the fields but
nothing seems to be working as it keeps counting the first page.

Any ideas?????

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LittleAnn LittleAnn is offline

I've tried both of the above already and it works fine except for the first
two page where it has the Page x of y left aligned and I have checked the
page and section breaks and it just wont update these 2 pages for me

"LittleAnn" wrote in message
I have a document I received that needs to be edited, they have a cover page
with no footer, the first two pages have Page X of Y left aligned and the
rest the document is Page X of Y centered.

My problem is that there are 42 pages including the cover page but I want it
to exclude the cover page In {NUMPAGES}, I have tried everything from
starting it on zero to deleting section breaks and updating the fields but
nothing seems to be working as it keeps counting the first page.

Any ideas?????

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Can you delete the information from those first two pages, and then
re-insert it? There shouldn't be anything associated with having the text
left aligned versus centered. The only other thing that I can think of is
whether you have a section which has a "Same as Previous" turned on which
keeps getting reset every time you change the info - so you are caught in an
"updating your footers" loop. At this point in your document it won't hurt
anything to make sure that All of your Sections do not have "Same as
Previous" turned on.