Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Blank Page Notice Automation?

Fellow Forum Members,
Is it possible in WORD 2003 to automate the placement of notice "THIS PAGE
LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK".

Currently, I am manually typing in this notice at the end of any Chapter
that ends on a blank EVEN number page. Is it possible to make WORD smart
enough to automatically insert this notice if the Chapter ends on a blank
even number page, but then on the other hand not insert this notice if the
same Chapter gets changed to end up on an odd number page? Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the demo file and played around with it.
However, I have encountered one problem that I hope someone out there can
address. How do I format the notice this field produces? Currently, the
notice "This Page Left Intentionally Blank" auto generates at the top of the
page. I would like it to appear on the center of the page, all in CAPS,
centered, Arial 14. and in BOLD. Is there anyway possible to apply a
paragraph style of some kind to this field so that the notice comes out with
the formatting I want?

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
Is it possible in WORD 2003 to automate the placement of notice "THIS PAGE
LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK".

Currently, I am manually typing in this notice at the end of any Chapter
that ends on a blank EVEN number page. Is it possible to make WORD smart
enough to automatically insert this notice if the Chapter ends on a blank
even number page, but then on the other hand not insert this notice if the
same Chapter gets changed to end up on an odd number page? Any help will

be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the demo file and played around with it.
My hope now is that someone out there can show me how to format this field.
Currently, the notice shows up at the top of the page. I would like the
notice, "This Page Left Intentionally Blank" to show up in the center of the
page, bold, Arial 14. and centered. How can I apply such formatting to this
custom field? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
Is it possible in WORD 2003 to automate the placement of notice "THIS PAGE
LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK".

Currently, I am manually typing in this notice at the end of any Chapter
that ends on a blank EVEN number page. Is it possible to make WORD smart
enough to automatically insert this notice if the Chapter ends on a blank
even number page, but then on the other hand not insert this notice if the
same Chapter gets changed to end up on an odd number page? Any help will

be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

IIRC, you just paste the text you want into the field; it can be formatted
any way you like wrt to Space Before, font size, etc. (all of which would
assume that it included a paragraph mark so the paragraph formatting would
be retained).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
Is it possible in WORD 2003 to automate the placement of notice "THIS

PAGE
LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK".

Currently, I am manually typing in this notice at the end of any

Chapter
that ends on a blank EVEN number page. Is it possible to make WORD

smart
enough to automatically insert this notice if the Chapter ends on a

blank
even number page, but then on the other hand not insert this notice if

the
same Chapter gets changed to end up on an odd number page? Any help

will
be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the demo file and tried it out. However, I
hope someone out there can let me know how to apply my own formatting to this
field. Currently, the auto generated notice, "This Page Is Intentionally
Blank" appears on the top of the page. I would like it to appear on the
center of the page as BOLD, Arial 14 Pt. and Centered. How can I apply such
formatting to the field shown below:

{ IF{ =MOD({ PAGE },2)}= 0 " " "[page break]This page is intentionally
blank." }