Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AL_LONGO AL_LONGO is offline

Default How to add a scrollable region in a word document(no HTML)?

I am trying to add a lot of text within a word document from another text
file and would like to enclose the added text within a scrollable region.

I know that I can probably use a listbox via VBA. However, I would like to
NOT use macros in the document.

Any ideas?

Al
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QUxfTE9OR08=?=,

I am trying to add a lot of text within a word document from another text
file and would like to enclose the added text within a scrollable region.

I know that I can probably use a listbox via VBA. However, I would like to
NOT use macros in the document.

What do you mean by "a scrollable region"? And which version of Word are we
talking about?

If your version has the "Control toolbox" toolbar, how about a Text box
control? Note that this will activate macro security, even if you don't write
any macro code. But if I understand you correctly this is the closest you're
going to get unless you choose to use Insert/Object to embed the file
(possibly as another Word document). In that case the user would have to
double-click in order to do any scrolling.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org