Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Default Word 2007: Figures moved can't be resequenced (renumbered)

I have a 60 page document that has 40 or so Figures. Each figure (i.e.
Caption) is encapsulated inside a Text Box. I moved a significant section of
the document from the back up to almost the front, which included 12 figures.
The figure numbering (say, 30,32, 32...) is still the same even though the
figures should really be 4, 5, 6, etc. I have tried highlighting the figure
number (each individually in their Text Box) and do an Update Field, but the
numbering doesn't change. This document's problems were first encountered in
W 2003, and upgrading to W 2007 hasn't fixed it.

Also, I have two Figures in a sister document that have the same
number--Figure 8 and Figure 8--and the attempted remedy above doesn't fix it.
Thi is a native 2007 doc.

Last, in teh first doc, I have completely lost one Figure, though it does
show up on the TOC (though not in the Cross-Reference list).

Thanks,

--
-Dee