Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

Default Merging multiple records into Word 2003

Prior to Word 2000, I could merge multiple records (from MS Access) into a
merge document. Using VB code, I could open the Word app and the records
merged into the document, creating one continuous form. In other words, I
was able to merge multiple records into a document creating multiple
documents in one Word application. You simply selected print and all the
documents would go to the printer. Now you have to print each document
separately and close the Word Window to print the next one, and so on. Is
there a way to code these documents to use just one window? any help will be
greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?amFuZQ==?=,

Prior to Word 2000, I could merge multiple records (from MS Access) into a
merge document. Using VB code, I could open the Word app and the records
merged into the document, creating one continuous form. In other words, I
was able to merge multiple records into a document creating multiple
documents in one Word application. You simply selected print and all the
documents would go to the printer. Now you have to print each document
separately and close the Word Window to print the next one, and so on. Is
there a way to code these documents to use just one window?

Except for the default connection method and aspects of the user interface,
there's no difference in how mail merge works in 2003. But you might be
running into the security feature described in this KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

What it means for you, as a developer, is that Word silently unlinks the data
source. Is the data source still linked in when your VB code runs?

How about showing us the code?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org