Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brandi Brandi is offline

Default Why can't I save a word backup file?

Even after changing the "save" options (selecting "always create backup
copy") I cannot find anywhere on my computer "Backup of (document name)".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When settings don't "take", that usually indicates a registry problem, which
is where many Word settings are stored.

Try starting Word with the /a switch (Start - Run - winword.exe /a). Enabled
backups, and see if backups now work. If they do, then close Word and
restart and see if the problem is fixed.

If the problem isn't fixed after that, then consult the following article,
paying close attention to the item about deleting the Data key in the
registry:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Brandi" wrote in message
Even after changing the "save" options (selecting "always create backup
copy") I cannot find anywhere on my computer "Backup of (document name)".

word should allow me to incidate a location for file backup. Eliforp Microsoft Word Help 1 February 14th 06 06:41 PM
Auto save backup Michael New Users 1 January 18th 06 12:09 AM
Word backup file and file locations john Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 06 06:54 AM
how do I choose where to save the backup copies of word files phaidon Microsoft Word Help 3 September 22nd 05 06:15 AM
How do I specify the backup file location in Word 2002? JediBookworm Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 05 08:44 PM