Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAQ CAQ is offline

Default Email reply with form as attachment

I have created a survey form in MS Word 2003 for my company. I will be
emailing the document to various people however, I have been unable to get
the completed form to reply back.

I need help writing the macro code to accomplish the following:

User clicks on checkbox to submit survey responses
The form auto saves
the form then attaches to email (outlook) and returns to me
Subject = Survey Response
Message Box stating "your responses have been sent. Thank you."

All without any intervention on the part of the user (except clicking the
checkbox).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trayl trayl is offline

Did you every get any response to this i'd also like to know how to do this
if you ever found out! thanks

"CAQ" wrote:

I have created a survey form in MS Word 2003 for my company. I will be
emailing the document to various people however, I have been unable to get
the completed form to reply back.

I need help writing the macro code to accomplish the following:

User clicks on checkbox to submit survey responses
The form auto saves
the form then attaches to email (outlook) and returns to me
Subject = Survey Response
Message Box stating "your responses have been sent. Thank you."

All without any intervention on the part of the user (except clicking the
checkbox).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CAQ CAQ is offline

First -- the macro security setting must be at medium or lower. If med then
the user will be prompted to enable the macros.

the code is as follows:

Sub SaveUpdateSave()

Dim aStory As Range
Dim aField As Field

For Each aStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
ActiveDocument.Save
For Each aField In aStory.Fields
'MsgBox aField.Parent

If aField.Type = Word.wdFieldSubject Then

ActiveDocument.Save
aField.Update

ElseIf aField.Type = Word.wdFieldTitle Then

ActiveDocument.Save
aField.Update

ElseIf aField.Type = Word.wdFieldSaveDate Then

ActiveDocument.Save
aField.Update

ElseIf aField.Type = Word.wdFieldPage Then

ActiveDocument.Save
aField.Update

ElseIf aField.Type = Word.wdFieldNumPages Then

ActiveDocument.Save
aField.Update

End If
Next aField
Next aStory
ActiveDocument.Save
End Sub

Sub Email()

ActiveDocument.HasRoutingSlip = True
With ActiveDocument.RoutingSlip
.Subject = "Survey Response"
.AddRecipient "your email address"
.Delivery = wdAllAtOnce
MsgBox "Your responses have been submitted. Thanks for your
participation."
End With
ActiveDocument.Route
End Sub

"CAQ" wrote:

I have created a survey form in MS Word 2003 for my company. I will be
emailing the document to various people however, I have been unable to get
the completed form to reply back.

I need help writing the macro code to accomplish the following:

User clicks on checkbox to submit survey responses
The form auto saves
the form then attaches to email (outlook) and returns to me
Subject = Survey Response