Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjw064 cjw064 is offline

Default Header and Footer on first page

Hi all,
I have designed a letterhead but the header and footer appears on all
copies, please can anyone advise me how I can stop the header and footer
appearing after the first page.
Thanks
cjw064
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

cjw064 wrote:
Hi all,
I have designed a letterhead but the header and footer appears on all
copies, please can anyone advise me how I can stop the header and
footer appearing after the first page.
Thanks
cjw064

- Cut the header to the clipboard.
- In File Page Setup Layout, choose "Different first page".
- Open the First Page Header pane and paste from the clipboard.
- Repeat the cut/paste for the footer (if the document is currently only one
page, you'll have to insert a page break, Ctrl+Enter, temporarily to be able
to get to the original footer on page 2).

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for more help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use the "Different first page" option. Then cut the contents of the main
header and footer and paste them into the first page header and footer,
respectively.

For more on creating letterheads in Word, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP