Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Markup on Word Start

Everytime I open a workd file it opens it in Markup mode, I have to go to
view markup to turnoff everytime. Many times I find a file in explorer right
click and print with out opening. This prints in markup mode, which is very
anoying. Can you tell me how to turn this off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The markup is the result of the Track Changes feature being used in the
file. As a security measure the markup cannot be permanently "hidden", it
must be _removed_ by either accepting or rejecting all changes that have
been tracked. Complete details he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jeff" wrote in message
Everytime I open a workd file it opens it in Markup mode, I have to go to
view markup to turnoff everytime. Many times I find a file in explorer
right
click and print with out opening. This prints in markup mode, which is
very
anoying. Can you tell me how to turn this off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In earlier versions of Word, you could indeed open a document and not be
aware that it contained markup. This causes TONS of problems. It also caused
no end of embarrassment, when users sent out draft material they were
unaware of. Forcing markup to show has been really helpful to my clients.
Alas, it's also cost me some work, since they no longer send me "What's
wrong with this document?" problems that resulted from tracked changes they
weren't aware of.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible