Pierre

Default Startging Chapters on ODD pages

I would like to validate whether my approach is correct. I am preparing a
Word 2000 document template. It will be printed double-sided. There is a
front matter section and multiple chapters.

Throughout the document, I have running headers and footers. The front
matter has roman numberal page numbers and Diferent First Page turned on for
the Front Matter section.

I need my chapters to begin on odd pages. The only way I have been able to
ensure my chapters start of odd pages is by inserting a Section Break of type
ODD in front of each section. Is that the correct way to do it?

I tried to use File Page Setup Layout Section Start ODD but it didn't
do anything.

I read the following articles.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

The second one gave me the impression that I did things correctly. but it
doesn't seem right to me. I don't think the users of the template should have
to know that they have to enter manual section breaks.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Pierre