Shucherface

Default How do I keep tables from resizing in Word?

I've been getting very frustrated with tables in Word. I work as an EDGAR
operator, and so I use tables a lot in Word, but I've been finding that the
tables resize every time I try to move the borders of the columns. Resizing
the columns most of the time makes the entire table resize. I go into table
properties and turn off the width boxes but the check marks come right back.
How do I keep the tables from resizing, as I have very specific reasons for
wanting certain columns to be a certain width, but the table doesn't let me.
Luc

Shucherface,
Are you dragging with the markers in the ruler, then the table will resize,
use shift+drag to adjust the width of one column, or drag in the table
itself by positioning your cursor on the line. If you want to adjust not
only the column you are dragging with use ctrl+drag and see what happens.
Does that help ?
Luc
"Shucherface" schreef in bericht
I've been getting very frustrated with tables in Word. I work as an EDGAR
operator, and so I use tables a lot in Word, but I've been finding that

the
tables resize every time I try to move the borders of the columns.

Resizing
the columns most of the time makes the entire table resize. I go into

table
properties and turn off the width boxes but the check marks come right

back.
How do I keep the tables from resizing, as I have very specific reasons

for
wanting certain columns to be a certain width, but the table doesn't let

me.

Stefan Blom

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do to prevent people from
resizing table columns by dragging column borders. But you can do the
following to specify the desired column widths:

1. Prevent cells from resizing as you enter text in them: With the
cursor in the table, choose TableTable Properties. Click the Table
tab. Click the Options button. Clear "Automatically resize to fit
contents". Click OK to close the Table Options dialog box.

2. In the Table Properties dialog box, click the Column tab and
specify the desired width of each column.

--
Stefan Blom