Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Bird Michael Bird is offline

Default Difficult to change directories

I am having a problem with Word 2003 SP2, as follows:-
If I create a new document and then save it, no problems. If I then try to
save it in a different directory I click on 'save as' and get a dialogue box
showing the current directory. If I click on the drop down box adjacent to
the current diectory, nothing happens. If I click several times, it
eventually changes to cursor (arrow) to the hour glass. About 30-45 seconds
later, the current directory becomes highlighted and I can then change
directory as I wish.
I also have the same problem if I an try to insert a picture or other file
that is held in a different directory than the one I am in.
This fault has occurred recently to both my desktop computer and also my
laptop.
Regards
Michael Bird
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click
on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped drives that are
not currently available.