Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dsyropushchinsky@qulix.com is offline

Default Let users add tables to document with forms

Hi,

I've created a application template for our company in MS Word, it
uses tables with forms elements inside. I do not want the template
style to be changed by applicants, so it will be protected with
password. However, some info can have more than one instance (say,
previous place of work or certificates). How can I allow users to
insert one more instance of a correspondent table? Or if you can
suggest a smarter way to do it, I'd be very grateful.

p.s. if I should address vba.general, then I'm terribly sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can have an unprotected section where users are allowed to insert
tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've created a application template for our company in MS Word, it
uses tables with forms elements inside. I do not want the template
style to be changed by applicants, so it will be protected with
password. However, some info can have more than one instance (say,
previous place of work or certificates). How can I allow users to
insert one more instance of a correspondent table? Or if you can
suggest a smarter way to do it, I'd be very grateful.

p.s. if I should address vba.general, then I'm terribly sorry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 14, 12:53 pm, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
You can have an unprotected section where users are allowed to insert
tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Oh, that's great! Thanks!

Now I need to copy a table from protected section somehow...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

If your intent is to generate another row, complete with formfields and
protected to act like a formfield section, then as far as I know, you'll need
to use VBA.

The best approach might be to use a toolbar button or a macro button in an
unprotected section to run a macro. The macro would unprotect the table
section, insert another row from a previously defined autotext entry, then
reprotect the section without reset.

But what formfields do you need to use? If you only need a drop-down list,
you could use an autotextlist field. If you need check boxes, there are
macrobutton approaches to working checkboxes.

If you used these techniques rather than formfields, you could avoid
protecting the document alltogether, and thus avoid the related problems. But
you'd also forfeit the ability to prevent applicants from adjusting your
design.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Forms in tables NDN Tables 1 June 2nd 06 08:50 PM
create forms that users complete in Word vrponline Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 06 09:24 PM
Forms Fields not active for users Devin Rader [IG] New Users 2 April 21st 06 03:55 PM
Forms and tables FredEp57 Tables 1 June 28th 05 10:30 PM
Adding Users to protect document, can't verify users. famousbear Microsoft Word Help 2 May 13th 05 12:45 AM