Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teri813 Teri813 is offline

Default text box chain

I can't link more than one text box - when I try to link text box 2 and 3 (to
make a text box chain), the link toggle is disabled. Does anyone know how to
fix this?
--
Teri813
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

On Jun 14, 7:26 am, Teri813 wrote:
I can't link more than one text box - when I try to link text box 2 and 3 (to
make a text box chain), the link toggle is disabled. Does anyone know how to
fix this?
--
Teri813

Hi, Teri. Sometimes you have to click on the edge of the text box to
activate that command. So click inside the first box so you can see
the selection border, then right-click on the border that appears
around the text box and choose "Create link". Position the "pour
text" icon in the second text box and left click.

This works for me in Word 2003. You didn't tell us which version you
were using; hopefully it will still work for you.

Ed