Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christian Blackburn Christian Blackburn is offline

Default Word 2003 Licensed After 2007 Trial - License Agreement Won't Go Away

Hi Gang,

Every time I start Word 2003 it displays the license agreement and I
always click [I agree]. However, it always comes back. Does anyone
know how to turn this off? This is on a client's system. It's a Sony
Vaio that came with Windows Vista and Word 2007. He is the also the
administrative user on the system. Before I met him he installed
Office 2003 without first uninstall the Office 2007 trial. So I
uninstalled both and then re-installed Office 2003 thinking that would
be the smartest thing to do (not trusting that uninstalling office
2007 wouldn't break office 2003 in the process). Then I re-installed
Office 2003 with no MS Office's installed on the system and now the
License agreements are eternal. This seems like a registry permission
issue, but I don't know where to elevate his privelages. I've tried
elevating HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office, but I get errors when I
recursively elevate his rights at that location.

Thanks,
Christian Blackburn