Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Ugilt Jane Ugilt is offline

Default Cross reference makes page break

When in a Word document we make links (cross references) to e.g. a table or a
figure, it often happens that just before the link, it create a page break or
several lines between the normal text and the text marked as link. I delete
the page break but all of sudden it is there again. The only way I could
solve it is to write the text (e.g. see Table 4) and not link it. Is there
any way to solve that problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Cross-references are REF fields which make use of bookmarks. What you
are describing usually means that the bookmark has been "expanded" to
include excess information, such as a manual page break or one or more
empty paragraphs (¶). This happens if you press Enter at the beginning
of a bookmarked paragraph to create a new paragraph, or if you insert a
page break with the insertion point at the beginning of the paragraph.

Just delete the empty paragraphs; this will be easier if you first
display nonprinting marks (press Ctrl+Shift+8).

Also delete the manual page break, and then format the caption with
"Page break before" (Paragraph dialog box, Line and Page Breaks tab)
formatting instead.

Finally, update the cross-reference fields, for example by switching to
Print Preview.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jane Ugilt" wrote in message
When in a Word document we make links (cross references) to e.g. a

table or a
figure, it often happens that just before the link, it create a page

break or
several lines between the normal text and the text marked as link. I

delete
the page break but all of sudden it is there again. The only way I

could
solve it is to write the text (e.g. see Table 4) and not link it. Is

there
any way to solve that problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The problem is most likely that the Ref bookmarks point to the wrong
paragraph and that the bookmarks contain too much content.

You may find help in the demo below Problem 3 at this address:
http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php...erence_trouble

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg