Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skyflyer Skyflyer is offline

Default Change Toolbar Icon to Text

Hello all ...
I did some searching for this, but can't find my answer.
I am using Word 2007.
In 2003 I could drag a command icon to a toolbar and do a right mouse click
on the icon and show text only, text and graphic, or change the text,
whatever.
I can't seem to do that in 2007.
I can drag say the macro icon that I just created, but it just shows up a
the standard macro icon. I want to put a letter or two of text there instead.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skyflyer Skyflyer is offline

I just found a forum entry that suggests that you can't do this.
Wow. What is MS thinking?
Anyway, Thanks ...

"Skyflyer" wrote:

Hello all ...
I did some searching for this, but can't find my answer.
I am using Word 2007.
In 2003 I could drag a command icon to a toolbar and do a right mouse click
on the icon and show text only, text and graphic, or change the text,
whatever.
I can't seem to do that in 2007.
I can drag say the macro icon that I just created, but it just shows up a
the standard macro icon. I want to put a letter or two of text there instead.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

I presume you are talking about the Quick Access Toolbar (the only
toolbar there is ). If you go into Office button, Word Options,
Customize and click your macro on the right there, then click Modify,
then you can pick a different icon for it. The icon selection is a joke,
but it's better than nothing.
If you want to customize the Ribbon (e.g. add your macro to the ribbon),
then you'll have to look into RibbonX:
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx
You can also look into my RibbonCustomizer add-in (link below).

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"Skyflyer" wrote:

Hello all ...
I did some searching for this, but can't find my answer.
I am using Word 2007.
In 2003 I could drag a command icon to a toolbar and do a right mouse click
on the icon and show text only, text and graphic, or change the text,
whatever.
I can't seem to do that in 2007.
I can drag say the macro icon that I just created, but it just shows up a
the standard macro icon. I want to put a letter or two of text there instead.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Skyflyer Skyflyer is offline

Yes I was talking about the QAT.
Thanks for the info ...
I'll check out RibbonX and your Customizer ...

:

"Skyflyer" wrote:

Hello all ...
I did some searching for this, but can't find my answer.
I am using Word 2007.
In 2003 I could drag a command icon to a toolbar and do a right mouse click
on the icon and show text only, text and graphic, or change the text,
whatever.
I can't seem to do that in 2007.
I can drag say the macro icon that I just created, but it just shows up a
the standard macro icon. I want to put a letter or two of text there instead.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement