Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dminson dminson is offline

Default Using macros to change Word Options settings

I tried creating a macro to change "Word Options" settings and stored the
macro in a template. It didn't work. should I assume that it's not possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

dminson wrote:
I tried creating a macro to change "Word Options" settings and stored
the macro in a template. It didn't work. should I assume that it's
not possible?

No, that's a wrong assumption. Macros certainly can change most Word
options. However, there are a lot of places where things can go wrong.

Is the template one that you use to base new documents? A global template
(one stored in Word's Startup folder)? Or just a template that's sitting on
the disk somewhere? Read
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...latesStore.htm for some
background.

What is the name of the macro you saved? Does it have one of the special
names that make Word run it automatically
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...mentEvents.htm and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ionEvents.htm), or just some
name you made up? If the latter, did you provide some other way to run it,
or try using the Macros dialog?

What did you (or the macro recorder) put into the macro? See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ordedMacro.htm for some
things that can go wrong there.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dminson dminson is offline

Thanks, Jay. It is a global template loaded at startup. I gave the macro my
own name. It does not perform an auto or document open function (though, now
that I know about that it soon may ) and it was performed as a recording.

I will try doing it again because I've discovered something I may have
overlooked.

thanks for all the links. I'm sure they will prove helpful very soon..

Don