Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles charles is offline

Default printing pages that include chapter numbers

I'm trying to pring part of a document that uses chapter numbers in the
footer page numbers (1-1, 1-2, etc.) I want to print page 4-1 to page 4-6.

If I use the page numbers defined in the bar at the bottom of the page,
Word finds chapter numbers that include those page numbers and prints
those. For example, if I choose page 16 to 21 it prints from the first
chapter that includes a page 16 (5-16) to the next chapter that includes a
page 21 (7-21).

If I type in hyphenated page numbers it either gives me an error message or
prints the entire document.

Is there a solution?

thanks,
- charles thiesen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When a document contains section breaks, you must include the section
numbers in the "Pages" box. See the "Print specific pages and sections"
portion of the "Print a document" Help topic in Word and/or the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm

charles wrote in message ...
I'm trying to pring part of a document that uses chapter numbers in the
footer page numbers (1-1, 1-2, etc.) I want to print page 4-1 to page 4-6.

If I use the page numbers defined in the bar at the bottom of the page,
Word finds chapter numbers that include those page numbers and prints
those. For example, if I choose page 16 to 21 it prints from the first
chapter that includes a page 16 (5-16) to the next chapter that includes a
page 21 (7-21).

If I type in hyphenated page numbers it either gives me an error message

or
prints the entire document.

Is there a solution?

thanks,
- charles thiesen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles charles is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

When a document contains section breaks, you must include the section
numbers in the "Pages" box. See the "Print specific pages and
sections" portion of the "Print a document" Help topic in Word and/or
the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm

Bingo! You're a goddess. Thanks so much.

- charles