Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ptnana ptnana is offline

Default Importing dates from Excel to Word 2007

My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates. When I try to
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as 6/8/07 instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either program to
correct this? I have my Excel program column set to date: March 1, 2007.

Annette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

While Excel may display the date in that format, it does not store it in
that format.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ptnana" wrote in message
My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates. When I try
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as 6/8/07
instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either program to
correct this? I have my Excel program column set to date: March 1, 2007.

Annette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ptnana ptnana is offline

I have tried several times to try to figure out how to do this and cannot.
here is the information and example of what is needed.

The excel program looks like this:
Column "A" Column "B"
Date Name
November 12, 2006 Bobbie Rhone
November 12, 2006 Damiais Harris
November 18, 2006 Amalia Rios
November 23, 2006 Julia Jones

The Word Program should read:

Regarding your visit on November 12, 2006.

I am currently using {MERGEFIELD "Date"}

Trying to use any of the other instructions given me does not work.
Evidently I am doing something wrong. Please advise.

"ptnana" wrote in message
My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates. When I try
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as 6/8/07
instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either program to
correct this? I have my Excel program column set to date: March 1, 2007.

Annette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Change {MERGEFIELD "Date"}
to read
{MERGEFIELD "Date" \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" }
then update the field - F9

ptnana wrote:
I have tried several times to try to figure out how to do this and
cannot. here is the information and example of what is needed.

The excel program looks like this:
Column "A" Column "B"
Date Name

"ptnana" wrote in message
My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates.
When I try to
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as
6/8/07 instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either
program to correct this? I have my Excel program column set to
date: March 1, 2007.

Annette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ptnana ptnana is offline

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. It works fine now.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Change {MERGEFIELD "Date"}
to read
{MERGEFIELD "Date" \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" }
then update the field - F9

ptnana wrote:
I have tried several times to try to figure out how to do this and
cannot. here is the information and example of what is needed.

The excel program looks like this:
Column "A" Column "B"
Date Name

"ptnana" wrote in message
My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates.
When I try to
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as
6/8/07 instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either
program to correct this? I have my Excel program column set to
date: March 1, 2007.

Annette

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are welcome

ptnana wrote:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. It works fine now.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Change {MERGEFIELD "Date"}
to read
{MERGEFIELD "Date" \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" }
then update the field - F9

ptnana wrote:
I have tried several times to try to figure out how to do this and
cannot. here is the information and example of what is needed.

The excel program looks like this:
Column "A" Column "B"
Date Name

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

While Excel may display the date in that format, it does not store
it in that format.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ptnana" wrote in message
My database is Excel 2007. I have names, addresses and dates.
When I try to
mail merge the dates to my Word program, the dates come out as
6/8/07 instead
of June 8, 2007. What settings do I need to plug in on either
program to correct this? I have my Excel program column set to
date: March 1, 2007.

Annette

Importing from Word 2007 to Publisher 2007 Website Kelsey13 Tables 2 May 14th 07 02:36 PM
Importing an Excel spreadsheet into Word Robert McN Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 07 03:33 PM
Importing Excel into Word. sby Tables 1 November 24th 05 09:47 AM
Importing dates from excel changes formatting Danny J Mailmerge 3 March 28th 05 09:20 AM
Importing data from excel into word Shaf Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 05 02:43 PM