Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
syoung syoung is offline

Default individual merge letters - add-in trouble

Hi,

I'm trying to use Graham Mayor's Word add-in for individual merge letters
with Microsoft Word 2003 and I can't get it to work. I have read and reread
his website and I've been reading the postings on here, but I can't seem to
find my problem. The add-in worked for me once and hasn't since. I've been
reading the postings on here trying to avoid posting my own question, but
I've little luck. So this is what I have checked/tried:

Macro securtiy - set correctly
User level - I am the administrator
Opening Word from the start menu, before Outlook - done
Downloaded the newest add-in from Grahams website and trashed old add-in

Has anyone dealt with this already or can anyone help me further...it worked
brilliantly for me the first time around.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Stephen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Stephen,

If it worked once, it should work again. What happens when you try and
execute the merge to a new document?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"syoung" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
syoung syoung is offline

I've been making sure that it is checked in the templates and add-ins screen,
its really wierd it just won't give me the option to save as individual files.

I've downloaded the file again and blown the original away, but that doesn't
work either...I will try Doug's suggestion and post my results.

syoung wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
syoung syoung is offline

Hi Doug,

I tried executing to a new document and all it does is create a new letter
titled letter1 with all of the seperate files strung togethor.

syoung wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Someone posted in another forum that the merge document was corrupt and
trying again with a new merge document fixed the issue. Re-try with a new
sample merge document. When you merge to a new document you should get the
additional prompt shown on the web site.