Botkyrka; a part of Europe

Default my margin installations disappear, word2003

Hi,

I have a long document with about 10 different sections.
One of the sections has total different margins; own margins and tabs for each page.

I started with header/footer mode and set the margins:

L was on the linial, I adjusted the lineal as in the normal chapters, looks
good, but in normal mode the adjustment is away.

What is the correct way of margin setting? Is there any copy and paste?

Thanks for all help

Regards
Georg
GH

Sorry, I have forgotten to say that the tool - colomns menu is locked,
can not change the length of the lines nor the box for whole document.

Best regards
Georg

Robert M. Franz

Hi Georg

Botkyrka; a part of Europe wrote:
I have a long document with about 10 different sections.
One of the sections has total different margins; own margins and tabs for each page.

I started with header/footer mode and set the margins:

L was on the linial, I adjusted the lineal as in the normal chapters, looks
good, but in normal mode the adjustment is away.

What is the correct way of margin setting? Is there any copy and paste?

In such a case, when you cannot change a style itself, you have to use
direct formatting. So, with your cursor anywhere in your header line, go
to Format | Paragraph and set the indents as you like them.

You cannot use columns in header/footer or other story ranges than in
the main text AFAIK.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
GH

Thank you Robert,

I think I have fixed now everything except the length of the rows for
that
section. I can change to whatever, but it goes back to its initial
setting,
that is shorter than the other sections.

Best regards
Georg