Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
J Abernathy J Abernathy is offline

Default Opening Word Odcuments (attachments) from my email

When I try to open word (.doc) that have been sent as attachements to my
email I receive the following error---How do I fix it? How do I create an
association in set asscoations control panel on a Visa machine???????

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
suroora suroora is offline

I don't know if this will help, but I can tell you how to do it through
Windows. Go to My Computer, Tools, Folder Options. In the Folder options,
click on the File Types tab. Find the extension in the list (.doc). If you
click on it, you will find a button that says "Change". Click on that and
select Word. It should do it automatically from then on.
Suroor

"J Abernathy" wrote:

When I try to open word (.doc) that have been sent as attachements to my
email I receive the following error---How do I fix it? How do I create an
association in set asscoations control panel on a Visa machine???????

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"tlund" wrote in message
news
There is no "tools" in my computer in VISTA. These instructions do not
work
with VISTA...

A quick Google would have given you this:

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6172036.html

word email attachments Louie New Users 2 February 12th 06 12:13 AM
Trouble opening Word Attachments Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 3 January 27th 06 04:18 AM
Opening Word Attachments in Print Layout scmagnum Microsoft Word Help 2 January 13th 06 12:42 AM
Opening MS Word E-mail Attachments Charles Microsoft Word Help 4 December 6th 05 08:16 AM
Opening Word attachments rocketman60 Microsoft Word Help 5 December 21st 04 04:35 PM