Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andrew H. Andrew H. is offline

Default Caption for table spanning two pages

Is it possible to automatically put a caption at the top of the second page
of a table that spans two pages? I am looking for something that says "Table
2: Effluent Limits (cont'd)", or similar.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There's no built-in way to do this, but you can sort of fake it. Put your
caption in the top (repeating) row of the table and include all the text you
quoted there. Then, on the first page (the only place you can actually see
it/work with it), add a text box or AutoShape (no line, white fill) over the
"(cont'd)" part. The drawing object must be anchored to a paragraph in a
non-heading row so that it doesn't repeat.