Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rufus Rufus is offline

Default Deleting rows or columns

I recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007 (Windows Vista), which has
Word 2007. Selecting a column (or a row) and delting it was quite simple in
Word 2002; However, I cannot figure how to do this with Word 2007. Please
help, and thank you in advance.

Rufus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What are you trying, and what result are you seeing? Try selecting the row
or column and pressing the Backspace key. Yes. Backspace. When you press the
Delete key, sometimes it deletes the data rather than the table structure.
Pressing Backspace [usually] deletes the rows or columns, assuming that the
entire row/column is selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Rufus" wrote in message
news
I recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2007 (Windows Vista), which
has
Word 2007. Selecting a column (or a row) and delting it was quite simple
in
Word 2002; However, I cannot figure how to do this with Word 2007. Please
help, and thank you in advance.

Rufus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Another way is to click the Layout tab under Table Tools, then click
the big Delete button in the Rows & Columns group and choose the
desired action from the dropdown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:36:37 -0400, "Herb Tyson [MVP]"
wrote:

What are you trying, and what result are you seeing? Try selecting the row
or column and pressing the Backspace key. Yes. Backspace. When you press the
Delete key, sometimes it deletes the data rather than the table structure.
Pressing Backspace [usually] deletes the rows or columns, assuming that the
entire row/column is selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible