Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
motocrossed motocrossed is offline

Default formula to convert number to text

I have a table whch is a download of a shared Access database I use to
post project data on our Sharepoint server. When I bring the table
into word the columns that indicate a selection from the pull down
menu in the database, the column in the word table is represented by a
number instead of the item description. I would like to convert the
number back to a descriptive text item. I basically need a formula
that would be something like 'if item=#, then "text description'. I
have tried but am not successful. I even tried a similar formula that
worked in Excel but did not in Word. Any idea of what I am doing
wrong?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I would modify the Access end of things so that you are downloading the text
description that you want. While it can be done in Word, it will be really
klunky and quite involved to handle more than a couple of possibilities.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"motocrossed" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a table whch is a download of a shared Access database I use to
post project data on our Sharepoint server. When I bring the table
into word the columns that indicate a selection from the pull down
menu in the database, the column in the word table is represented by a
number instead of the item description. I would like to convert the
number back to a descriptive text item. I basically need a formula
that would be something like 'if item=#, then "text description'. I
have tried but am not successful. I even tried a similar formula that
worked in Excel but did not in Word. Any idea of what I am doing
wrong?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
motocrossed motocrossed is offline

On Aug 2, 6:17 am, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
[...]

Good point. I am going to try that
thanks