Pete.

Default Is it possible to move Word from one PC to another?

I'll be buying Word in the near future, but the PC I am currently using is
only until I can get a better one, at which point I'll no longer be using
this one.

Obviously one option is to wait until I've got the new computer then buy
Word, but what I'd like to do (and my question is, is this allowed?) is to
buy it and use it on this computer until I get the new one, and then remove
it from this one, and re-install it on the new one.

If this is allowable under the terms of the licence, would it be possible to
install it to an external hard drive in the first place, and run it from
there, then simply unplug the drive from one PC and plug it into the other,
thus removing the need to uninstall and re-install.

I look forward to any advice which is available,
Thanks

Yes, you should be able to move a retail copy of Word/Office (it is not
legal to install an OEM copy on a different computer), but you may need to
activate by phone on the second machine, and you will probably have to
assure MS that the software has been uninstalled from the first computer
(although the license does permit you to install it on one desktop and one
laptop, with the stipulation that they are not to be used concurrently--that
is, you as the sole user will be using one computer or another but not both
at the same time).

"Pete." wrote in message
[...]

Pete.

Thanks Suzanne, it will be a retail copy, and it'll only be me using it on
one machine at a time, so that will be ideal.

Many thanks, I can go buy it now.
Pete.