Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Landon Shultz Landon Shultz is offline

Default Why is this new computer denying permission to rename folders?

This new computer won't let me rename folders. I uninstalled the frustrating
Office 2007, and installed my existing copy of 2003, and now I'm told I don't
have permission to rename folders, or to re-open a draft of an email I'm
working on. This is my computer, why don't I have persmission to use it?
What have they done to me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not really a Word question, but you can't rename a folder when it's open
(that is, when any file in it is open). If you close all running
applications and open Windows Explorer, you should be able to rename
folders.