Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepper22 Pepper22 is offline

Default HOW DO I INSERT A NOTE TO MYSELF IN THAT DOES NOT PRINT?

How do I insert text or a text box that does not print. I need to make notes
to myself that do not print.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Victor[_2_] Victor[_2_] is offline

Use comments.
They are either located on the Insert Menu in Word 2003 or on the Review tab
in Word 2007.

"Pepper22" wrote:

How do I insert text or a text box that does not print. I need to make notes
to myself that do not print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Victor" wrote:

Use comments.
They are either located on the Insert Menu in Word 2003 or on the Review tab
in Word 2007.

My comments still print on my document.

"Pepper22" wrote:

How do I insert text or a text box that does not print. I need to make notes
to myself that do not print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, you haven't seen fit to divulge what version of Word you're using so I
won't go into a litany for different versions - especially with Comments.

However what you might look into is formatting the notation text as Hidden,
which is a simple font formatting attribute just like Bold or Italic or
Small Caps. Search it in Help for your version of Word & keep in mind that
it is best [as with *all* formatting] to include it in a Style. Text Boxes
can also be set to have no Fill & no Border so you have more flexibility
with positioning, but better avoided if having the notation in-line but
hidden will suit your requirements.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/6/07 2:56 PM, in article
, "Pepper22"
wrote:

How do I insert text or a text box that does not print. I need to make notes
to myself that do not print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepper22 Pepper22 is offline

I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text formating
"hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want to see the note
without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a macro to hide the hidden formatting, print the document then display
the hidden formatting again eg

ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = False
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = True

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepper22 Pepper22 is offline

Thank you Graham. I hope I am smart enough!! Maybe I'll end up with a macro
to make me hide and unhide!!

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Why not just hide/show non-printing characters? That's what I do.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepper22 Pepper22 is offline

That seems simple enough! I was just hoping to put a few small notes in a
corner and leave them alone. They would view when I was in the doc and not
print. Just sit up there and replace my short term memory.

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I do that often. For example, I order supplies for a large group of people.
I use a table in Word to list my supplies and email that to the woman who
actually places the order. Below the table in hidden text is who gets what.
If I didn't do that, I'd forget.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pepper22 Pepper22 is offline

That's about the size of it! I work for a construction co. and I need to
remember who gets what and how many copies and what color the copies are!

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

My world and welcome to it!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't forget that you can put this information in the document Properties as
well. I often type letters for a client that will be revised many times, and
by the time we get to the final version I've forgotten whether he wanted a
#10 envelope or a label; so I put this in the Comments property (Summary
tab) when I create the document.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
My world and welcome to it!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I

want
to see the note without printing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

My document changes. I have a table with the item, Office Max part number,
and quantity. I can see where your info would be help tho - just not in my
particular usage. Thanks for the idea! :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Don't forget that you can put this information in the document Properties
as
well. I often type letters for a client that will be revised many times,
and
by the time we get to the final version I've forgotten whether he wanted a

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
However note that in Word 2003 at least you can set Word to display hidden
text but not print it (tools options view & print) - and this appears to
be the default in Word 2007.