Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keko Keko is offline

Default Blue lines

I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered into a Word
document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help (which is no
longer a "help" in Word 2007!)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Table gridlines are controlled from the Table Tools Borders view
gridlines or from the Layout Tab view gridlines.

Keko wrote:
I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered into
a Word document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help
(which is no longer a "help" in Word 2007!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keko Keko is offline

This is an Excel worksheet --where are Table Tools?? They don't show up
anywhere when I am trying to get rid of the gridlines in the inserted
worksheet. Word 2007 has so many hidden file menus --most don't show up in
the file tabs unless you click on something else?

Keko wrote:
I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered into
a Word document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help
(which is no longer a "help" in Word 2007!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

How did you insert the Excel worksheet? Did you use Copy/Paste or another
method? If another method, what did you use?

Also, in regards to what you referred to as "hidden file menus", these are
called contextual tabs. As you noted, they only display when an object
associated with the tab is selected. For example, if you want to change the
format of an image then you need to have the image selected in order to make
a change. Once the image is selected then the Picture Tools will display.
The concept behind this is you don't end up with tools that can't be used on
the screen, which was often the case in the previous versions.

Now, there are a few commands that I think should be in more than one place,
Table Gridlines is one of them. Since they are something you see on the
screen the View Gridlines command should be on the View tab but that's my
opinion. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Keko wrote:
I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered into
a Word document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help
(which is no longer a "help" in Word 2007!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keko Keko is offline

I used copy & paste-special as an Excel worksheet--I finally just gave up on
finding how to get rid of those stupid blue lines and copied the worksheet
and pasted it as a picture.
I have tried clicking on the item I want to fix--sometimes the other options
to fix show up and sometimes they don't. There should be another way to get
at them.
I've learned a few things since I got Word 2007 a couple months ago--but I
still say it's a lot more awkward to work with than the old version--and that
was a pain in the --- also! Old Word Perfect was much more user-friendly and
easier to do things in, but very few offices use it anymore. Lotus is also
better than Excel for ease of use--but this opens a whole 'nother discussion.

Keko wrote:
I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered into
a Word document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help
(which is no longer a "help" in Word 2007!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Now that I know it's an Excel object for sure, as with previous versions, in
order to change an embedded object you need to use the tools provided by the
object you've embedded. IOW, you need to use Help for the embedded
application - Word is simply a container for the Excel workbook. So to
remove the gridlines from the Excel worksheet you need to double-click the
Excel object to edit it and then once the Excel tools display, on the View
tab, turn off Gridlines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keko wrote:
I have blue grid lines around all the Excel worksheets I entered
into
a Word document. I can not find how to get rid of them in Word Help
(which is no longer a "help" in Word 2007!)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Table tools appear when your cursor is in a table in Word 2007! An Excel
worksheet is a table. The same command is on the layout tab which also
appears when working in a table.