Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev Bev is offline

Default Word 20023 documents in Word 2007

All my clients are still using Wrod 2003, which is probably a smart move. I
was dumb enough to install Word 2007. I need to get a document back to a
client by tomorrow but I have been struggling with the 2003 version of it in
2007 and I am so afraid it's going to blow up once it's back with the client.

I hate Word 2007 and am trying to buy Word 2003 so I can upgrade to it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if creating a document in
Word 2007 and saving it in the Word 97-2003 file format is stable?

I share a lot of documents with others and the Word 97-2003 format is all I
use. So far I've never had any difficulty. The largest documents I worked on
contained about 50- 60 pages each, all containing revisions, comments, and
other long document features. These were edited by those who used Word 2000,
Word 2003, and Word 2007 we never had any problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bev" wrote in message
All my clients are still using Wrod 2003, which is probably a smart move.
was dumb enough to install Word 2007. I need to get a document back to a
client by tomorrow but I have been struggling with the 2003 version of it
in
2007 and I am so afraid it's going to blow up once it's back with the
client.

I hate Word 2007 and am trying to buy Word 2003 so I can upgrade to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The only problem I have come across (from a forum reader) was of bloating in
a large complex document. The bloating was resolved by saving the document
in Word 2007 format before resaving it as Word 97-2003.