Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Silva Mike Silva is offline

Default Field Master Document

I am using the same fields in alot of documents. Is there a way to tie the
documents together so I only need to "ask" the question to the field once for
all the sub documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use IncludeText fields in the other documents.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike Silva" wrote in message
I am using the same fields in alot of documents. Is there a way to tie the
documents together so I only need to "ask" the question to the field once
for
all the sub documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Silva Mike Silva is offline

Any chance you can give me an example how to get a specific field to those
other documents.......
If the field {name} is a field in a main document what would the field look
like in the other documents to get the text value for {name}

"Mike Silva" wrote in message
I am using the same fields in alot of documents. Is there a way to tie the
documents together so I only need to "ask" the question to the field once
for
all the sub documents.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Silva Mike Silva is offline

Doug,
I am struggling here...... I am trying what you tell me but I do not se a
radio button. I Paste Special all day but my field does not update with
anything but it can't find anything. Let me ask more specificly........ I
have a document that is working very well with ASK fields, filling out the
document and using if then statments and it works great. It works great in
one doument. I just want to use the fields in other documents without
re-answering the ask fields. Is there a way to use the saved answers in other
documents. without reasking the questions

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The easy way to do it is to use Copy then Paste Special and click on the
Link Radio Button.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.