Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
k-cess k-cess is offline

Default window is too big to see the close window 'x' needs re-sizing

my friend has used the 'enlarge' 'shrink' boxes by the "x" / close window at
top right. I am not with her... I told her to try to grab the top of the
window and pull it down so that she can re-size it. She can't even see the
triangle at the bottom right so that she can re-size that way... Is there a
menu that i can help her find so that she can re-size word?
--
thanks, k-cess
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you move the mouse cursor right to the top of the screen (as far as it
will go) and then left click and hold the mouse left mouse key depressed,
you should be able to drag the window down so that the top border is visible
allowing access to the buttons.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"k-cess" wrote in message
my friend has used the 'enlarge' 'shrink' boxes by the "x" / close window
at
top right. I am not with her... I told her to try to grab the top of the
window and pull it down so that she can re-size it. She can't even see
the
triangle at the bottom right so that she can re-size that way... Is there
menu that i can help her find so that she can re-size word?
--
thanks, k-cess

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

And if that doesn't work, use the keyboard method:

- Press Alt+spacebar (this opens the control menu that lives in the
program icon in the upper left corner).

- Press the M key (this selects the Move command).

- Press the down arrow key until the title bar comes into view.

- Press the Enter key to release the Move command. Now you can use the
usual edge-dragging to resize the window.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"k-cess" wrote in message
my friend has used the 'enlarge' 'shrink' boxes by the "x" / close window
at
top right. I am not with her... I told her to try to grab the top of the
window and pull it down so that she can re-size it. She can't even see
the
triangle at the bottom right so that she can re-size that way... Is there
menu that i can help her find so that she can re-size word?
--
thanks, k-cess

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

Is it possible she (or resident gremlins) adjusted the monitor to "move the
window" to out of the main screen area?

My kids used to play with the buttons on the bottom of the front of the
monitor... drove me nuts!
--

Kathryn Groves